- Hold hoop against the small of your back
- Level around your waist
- Hold hoop with hands positioned in front of your sides
- Put one foot slightly ahead of the other
- Wind your upper body to the far left or right
- Push hoop back, opposite direction
- Shift your weight back and forth in a pelvic rock “Engage Core”
Once you have mastered hooping around the waist, work other parts of the body, hips, buttocks, legs, arms, chest, etc.
Spin hoop above head, out to the side, and in and out figure eight to tone and strengthen your arms.
While hooping, increase momentum, tuck arms to your side, inside hoop, use circular shoulder & upper torso movement to move hoop up to chest. Move one shoulder at a time up & down to keep hoop positioned at chest.